django-allauth is a reusable Django app that allows for both local and social authentication, with flows that just work.
- Signup of both local and social accounts
- Connecting more than one social account to a local account
- Disconnecting a social account -- requires setting a password if
only the local account remains
- Optional instant-signup for social accounts -- no questions asked
- E-mail address management (multiple e-mail addresses, setting a primary)
- Password forgotten flow
- E-mail address verification flow
- Facebook (both OAuth2 and JS SDK)
- Google (OAuth2)
- SoundCloud (OAuth2)
- Supports multiple authentication schemes (e.g. login by user name,
or by e-mail), as well as multiple strategies for account
verification (ranging from none to e-mail verification).
- All access tokens are consistently stored so that you can publish
wall updates etc.
- Pluggable signup form for asking additional questions during signup.
- Support for connecting multiple social accounts to a Django user account.
- The required consumer keys and secrets for interacting with
Facebook, Twitter and the likes are to be configured in the database
via the Django admin using the SocialApp model.
- Consumer keys, tokens make use of the Django sites framework. This
is especially helpful for larger multi-domain projects, but also
allows for for easy switching between a development (localhost) and
production setup without messing with your settings and database.